I only have 10 days until surgery! I went in for my pre-op yesterday, my blood work this morning and my last sleep study Tuesday night. The only thing left is my final clearance next Thursday! I am getting super excited!
I met a woman yesterday at the surgeon's office who had the lap band put in December 28th. I asked her what protein drinks she had used. She told me she just scrambled some eggs and that's how she got her 60 grams of protein a day. I almost fell off my chair. One egg only has 7 grams of protein. You're telling me you eat almost 10 eggs a day? That is crazy. She also let me know that she is eating regular food (and has been since 2 weeks after her surgery) and that a half of a wrap will fill her up! I must be thinking about this all wrong, because I learned that your stomach will hold 3 ozs after surgery. It will be the size of an egg. Why was this women eating regular food 2 weeks after surgery when you are supposed to be on liquids for 2-4 weeks, then pureed foods for another 4-6 weeks? I want this band to work, therefor I will follow the program, and eat only what I am supposed to eat when I am supposed to eat it.
I will have to stay one night in the hospital after surgery, and I will have to give myself shots of Lovenox (a blood thinner) for a month after. They are concerned about blood clots because I have a family history of them. My mom died from a blood clot almost 7 years ago.
That is really my only concern. I would be concerned about liquids and pureeds for so long, but I did the Opti Fast, which was liquids for 12 weeks. So 6-8 weeks? Piece of Cake! haha....
Well, as long as I have all my ducks in a row I will be getting surgery on March 1st! I will definitely be blogging about everything! Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment